Stripper Update

Things have been really good lately. I know last week it sounded like I was on the verge of hanging myself from my shower rod, but alas - I have overcome. It probably won't last, but its amazing what a pair of New Wayfarer Ray Bans can do for one's outlook on life. It really is as though I'm seeing the world through new lenses.

I have two tests this week - one on Wednesday, and one on Friday, but you know what? I'm feeling hella good. I haven't felt like this in a long time. And as you can see from the pictures in the last post, the weather has been beautiful, and I got to hang out with Amy, one of my old friends from the Heights. We had this awesome brunch at Oyamel - she had the "migas," and I had the
"chilaquiles." We shared the churros for dessert.

Afterwards, we walked down together to the cherry blossoms and checked them out. The sun was warm, the water was choppy, and the Ms. Cherry Blossom competition or whatever was going down on the tidal basin. It really was a sight to behold.

After that, Amy and I parted ways, and I caught a film at the Freer/Sackler movie theater called "100 Years of Japanese Cinema," which was pretty awesome. It was free, and I felt arty and douchy while watching it, surrounded by fifty-year-old self-important Washingtonians. It was rad.

I walked up to Macy's to check out the Wayfarers, but they had nothing. I then wandered into Washington Sports Club to check out the sneaks (I guess I had an itch to spend some money) and found myself glancing at their collection of sunglasses, and lo and behold - they had what I was looking for. As if it were some sacred duty, I bought some golden honey and black New Wayfarers. Hot! I'm so excited to wear them - with EVERYTHING.

Oh yeah - mom came home from her trip back west, too. That was cool.

No comments: