Thoughts of the Day

I just woke up. Had a sloppy night at Wonderland despite making a conscious effort not to go out and spend $$$. Its a recession, man, and no one knows it better than the service industry. We let one of our chefs go, we're down to one host (from about 5 when we opened), we got rid of two managers, and we're cutting corners everywhere. Its a sad state of affairs. I keep reading articles on queerty about how both the gay and lesbian nightlife scenes are the only thing besides cockroaches that will survive this recession, but I'm not entirely sure how true that is. Things are rough right now and its showing up everywhere.

Today I'm off to meet Patrick for some coffee and pastries at Sticky Fingers. I'm pretty excited to see him - haven't since we had a really awkward night in at his place and then left for winter break. It'll be interesting to see how things go.

No comments: