Thanx(for nothing)giving Weekend

What a debacle! This weekend was supposed to be all sorts of fun - we packed three bottles of wine away and my mom, my sister and I were all supposed to spend a nice holiday in New York City shopping it up (oops, so much for Spend Nothing Day!). My sister and I both were already sick - Nati worst than I off the bat. We spent most of the day dragging ourselves through the cold, and although we both got lots of nice items, we only managed to make it to our favorite buffalo wings place instead of the nice place my mom had planned.

The next day we woke up late and did not get out until about noon. We had to be back at the hotel by five for the show we were supposed to see, but we wanted to see SoHo and other neighborhoods, so we ended up out until the last minute, unable to get dinner. We went to see "In the Heights," a new musical that won the best musical Tony last year. It was pretty awesome, but by the end of it, I was feeling nauseous.

I ended up getting food poisoning and not waking up till eleven or twelve the next day.

The bus ride home was a mess, too. Standing out in the rain in a crowd of three-hundred, we literally had to force our way onto the bus. It was really nasty. It was pretty much like the Fall of Saigon except with no helicopter. And even after securing seats on the bus, it took six hours to get back to DC, what with stop and go traffic through the pour rain.

Now that the food poisoning (for the most part) is over, I thought today would be better, but for the past twelve hours I've been doing nothing but homework. Its been pretty gross.

So what am I grateful for?

My friends, my fam, and those two bottles of wine we have yet to drink. Yum.

2 comments:

MellyG said...

Um, In the Heights. I saw that in Brit's 'doc' @@ aahhh@@@@

sounds like our ride back to DC was the bee's kneee's compared to that diva adventure!

Julian, the Desaparecido said...

"The bees knees"? Who ARE you??
I love it
I miss you
can't wait to eat cornmeal pancakes with you and talk shit shopping for NIKE$$$$$$$$.