Presentation: the cows are coming home

How embarrassing! Today, in my queer lit class, I had a ten minute presentation on "The White Castle" by Orhan Pamuk. The assignment was to read a book with a queer theme not listed on the syllabus and argue why it would be a good book to teach in the class. We were asked to put together a presentation and a "interesting yet informative" handout to distribute to the class.

I did it all yesterday into late last night, slapping together a Powerpoint presentation at the last minute to help aid me in my unorganized madness. I actually thought I had it together until the teacher randomly selected our order, and by sheer luck (and misfortune) I was selected to go last. I would have preferred to go first, to get it out of the way, but my colleague Nakia convinced me that this was a good thing, as I might "fall off" the schedule and have to go next time.

My dumb-ass teacher ended up trying to cram my presentation into five minutes and not only was I nervously babbling, trying to cram all the information into five minutes of concentrated queerness, but I was trying to be fun and interesting. By the end of it I was shaking, nervous, and five minutes over class time.

As I was leaving, and a couple classmates congratulated me on a job well done (probably more because I looked so nervous instead of it actually being legit), I looked down and saw that my zipper was wide open, my green American Apparel undies peeking through.

Train wreck central. What a great way to start the week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no!

MellyG said...

hella train wreck central and i loves it!!!

especially about you trying to be witty and funny, sounds amazing!

Julian, the Desaparecido said...

Yeah, it was all bad news. I had a slide in the middle of my power point presentation called "eye candy" in which there was a picture of david beckham, megan fox and a delicious looking cheeseburger ... too bad there was no time for it....