Life Goes in Circles

Its funny - how things tend to lose shape, lose color, lose meaning over the course of time. Things fall apart. Things aren't so exciting, new or inspired. Kind of like a piece of clothing you really know and love and outwear over time. I thought that I knew where I was, what I was doing, where I was going - guess not.

Kind of a melancholy Halloween entry, wouldn't you say? Things are really strange right now. Things are suspended in space-time, things aren't perfect. Tomorrow is our one year anniversary at our house and I'm not sure how much longer things will be the way they've been. I mean, I guess for a while they've been different because we've had Elizabeth instead of Nati, but still - there's something bittersweet about this time. I don't know what it is. I want to taste it but I'm too afraid.

And what will happen? What will become of us? Why do things change, lose their shape, their color? Their meaning? Is it necessary? Is it true - the only two things certain in life, death and change? Would James Joule have agreed or understood (because, after all, this is a study of entropy more than anything else.)

Its stupid to feel bad or mad or sad or tired or afraid or paranoid or helpless. Its stupid to feel anything right now. Its stupid, so why don't we just drink?

No comments: