James Figurine - "55566688833"

My phone's got a camera
Its built right in
But its hard to keep the dirt and grease off the lens
The last time we were happy, seems so long ago now
I tried to take a picture but it didn't come out.
And the message you sent are almost as blurred
Like cryptic print-styles to songs no ones heard
if we keep this up, things will never get better.
When we disagree we fight in capital letters

I have to type 11 numbers into my cell phone
Just to make it spell "love" so I usually don't
And it takes up 15 digits to spell out goodbye
But if I leave out the "good" it'll save us some type.

55566688833

My throat's a little sore after last night's events
You were somewhere doing something
I was out with my friends
You wrote to ask if I was having fun
And I guess I didn't text you back quite fast enough
So when I got home, you were awake in the den
There were tears in your eyes, the lights were real dim
I turned off my phone
You did the same
And we fought face-to-face like it was the 90s again

55566688833

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looove that song!