Scaring Myself Update

Wow, its been a while since I last updated. Sorry about that, kids. I guess I've just been really busy with work and with visitors (Nati and Jijad were both here last week). I'm actually having lunch with Jijad in a little bit. Then I have a haircut. My toupee is getting out of control.

Things have been good, mostly, I suppose. Every time I feel like complaining about something I realize that 99% of things in my life are in order. I have a great job. I have great friends. My family is pretty awesome and they're all healthy. I have money in my account. Peachy.

This week has been crazy because there has been so much going on. Monday night I did happy hour with Jijad and it ended with me blacking out and chatting with Ryan late at night, telling him more than I probably should have. Ryan, for those of you who don't know, is one of my good friends and neighbors. I trust him and know he doesn't judge me, but I told him things about Lance and I that probably shouldn't have. No, not probably - definitely shouldn't have. I read the chat in the morning at work and cringed.

Its amazing how good I've become at getting wasted and then waking up and getting through the day without a hangover or so much as an aversion to bright lights. Its actually a little scary. Especially since last night, I did almost the same thing.

Didn't black out, but saw Of Montreal and was introduced to this great singer, Janelle Monae.



I went with Kali, Cannon, and some of their friends. Lance was there, too, of course. He looked handsome, with his hair cut short. We exchanged a few sentences, but I don't consider loud concert venues a good place to "catch up." We parted ways. The whole time I wished I was with him.

Ended up going home shortly after the concert, but Of Montreal played a long set and I didn't end up getting home until about 11:30 or midnight. By then, Davida and Dana were already asleep. I ate one of Dan's fruit popsicles and went to bed without brushing my teeth. I just don't really give a fuck right now.

Tonight is the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. My suit has been hanging in the office closet since last week when I wore it to the press release. Its ready to roll again.

Amaya is my date. She's wearing a red cocktail dress, "for the Latinos," as her boss said. It should be fun.

I just hope I don't black out again. Alcohol has become my refuge of choice. Need to watch that.

No comments: