Movie Theme Mashups

A few years ago, a song by Muse named "Knights of Cydonia" came out. I heard it on Live105 in San Francisco when I was driving back home after a late night of partying. The song came on, and I found myself rocking out, stepping on the gas and feeling as free as a cowboy riding a horse. The galloping rhythm really played into some kind of psychological fantasy I had always had been never really fostered until that moment, and I was addicted.

That night, I went home, flipped on my computer and looked up the music video online. To this day, it is still one of my favorite videos - cowboys, robots, unicorns, lasers, red-tailed hawks, kung fu - so many of my favorite things in one video. All the convening themes make little to no sense, but their lack of cohesion works for the song and video. You can check it out here if you're interested.

In any case, there are about three movies coming up which also muddle various themes together, and I'm kind of excited for ALL OF THEM. Check out the trailers here.

Suckerpunch


Cowboys and Aliens


The Warrior's Way


SO excited. Which looks good to you? Or are you skeptical of mashups?

No comments: