Survey About Me

I realize that people who may follow this blog bmay not know that much about me. Here is a survey that will paint a clearer picture for you.

---

01. What music do you listen to when you're feeling nostalgic?
Lots of folk, like Sufjan Stevens and Owen. I also tend to listen to folk on rainy days, at night, and sometimes early in the morning when I feel like I should still be asleep.

02. What are you wearing at the moment?
Gold t-shirt I got at Urban Outfitters the summer of 2007 in Berkeley with an eagle on it underneath the new gray sweater I got at Urban Outfitters yesterday for ten dollars. Tan American Apparel anorak, black skinny jeans and checkered vans.

03. What was the best part of your day?
Well, so far, it's been voting. Seeing my mom is always a pick-me-up, especially since I don't see her too much these days. Waking up this morning wasn't all that bad, either....

04. What is your favorite dish to cook?
I really like cooking breakfast. I've started cooking hashes a lot, with lots of spices, onions, and oftentimes fish. I also like buying fresh dough at Trader Joes and making my own pizzas.

05. What is your favorite drink?
Tea and beer. My favorite types of tea are oolongs - I think they are the most diverse and most flavorful. I am also really into gen maicha green tea. My favorite beers have been lagers, like most anyone else, but I've started heading into balanced ale territory - blondes, ambers and bitters.

06. What is your room like?
My room is the smallest in our three-bedroom house, but it has two closets and a balcony. This often makes it hard for me to find new positions to arrange my furniture in, especially with a clunky radiator I have to work around, but I'm not complaining. There are lots of earth tones, greens and browns and golds, with metallic and silver here and there. On top of both closets are small ledges, upon which I placed some toys that I have been given in my adult life. My favorite part of my room is my coffee table, stacked high with magazines of Shia Labeouf, my DVDs and my computer.

07. What is your favorite restaurant? What do you read?
Hmm, two random questions, so I'll answer them separately.

My favorite restaurant right now has to be my own, Commonwealth Gastropub (http://commonwealthgastropub.com) because it is local, green and delicious. Jamie Leeds and Sandy Lewis, the owners, are lesbian, too, so it helps the community.

I like to read lots of different kinds of stuff - right now I'm really into postmodernism. I also get into science fiction and some fantasy, although some aspect of it has to be based in reality. I didn't get into Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, sorry.

08. What will you be doing after finishing this?
Probably try to pay attention in class.

09. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A published author, well-traveled, and respected.

10. Your favorite movie? What is your guilty pleasure?
My favorite movies are "Amores Perros" and "Run Lola Run." And "Fight Club."

My guilty pleasure(s)? Burgers (shh!), the Internet, and vh1.

11. Which family member are you closest to?
I can't really put this one on a scale. My mom and I get along great and terribly all at once - probably because we're very different. My sister and I are amazingly close - closer than I ever imagined we would be. Its hard to be away from her, and I know its the same for her.

12. What are you afraid of?
Being a slave to money.

13. Favorite thing to shop for? What are your favorite things to do on a free afternoon?
I like shoe shopping, like every other good diva on the planet. I also like grocery shopping.

On a free afternoon, I'll work out, play a little Wii, and go out to dinner or a movie. Or both. Or a bar and dance.

14. Gestures that bring you the most comfort?
Food, candy, kissing.

15. What's the meaning behind your LJ username/name/nicknames you go by?
Right now its julianish because some things that I do can only be described as such. Because I'm a diva. Dot com.

No comments: